Provides advanced mechanical support. Performs a variety of complex technical tasks with mechanical systems.
· Performs moderately complex technical functions related to the support of developing engineering activities, such as:
a. Repairing, maintaining, overhauling, modifying, operating and material handling equipment.
b. Installing, dismantling and inspection of electrical, electronic, mechanical, HVAC, and material handling equipment and fixtures.
c. Diagnosing and solving electronic and/or mechanical problems involved in the operation of the system.
d. Recommending modifications to designs as needed.
· Assists other technicians in the performance of mechanical maintenance activities and/or providing training/guidance.
· Fabricates mechanical system components, parts and equipment, etc.
· Isolates malfunctions using established tools and techniques, performs preventive and corrective maintenance on equipment, and returns faulty equipment to operating condition.
· Logs scheduled inspection reports of the operating equipment, fixed building equipment and building structures, maintenance, repairs and other records and schedules.
· Actively develops skill blocks to improve personal performance.
Skills and Characteristics
· Requires application of special skill, knowledge and pertinent techniques to work assignment.
· Requires advanced aptitude and experience in various areas of maintenance.
· Solid understanding of mechanical systems and related components.
· Requires license to operate mechanical equipment.
· Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods and techniques used in the fabrication and testing of mechanical components and troubleshooting.
· Specified license and certifications required.
· Three years of experience in mechanical field or combination of experience and technical/vocational training.
J.C. Penney Company Inc.