Working under general supervision, the Mechanical Tech 2 performs mechanical support functions for retail merchandise supply chain conveying and sortation systems to ensure the efficient flow of merchandise in and out of the facility.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The support mentioned above includes, but is not limited to, the following duties and responsibilities.
- Maintenance and repair of conveyers and sorting systems along with their accessary equipment such as banders, balers and compactors, etc.
- Preventative maintenance and repairs to system components of supply chain equipment including motors, gearboxes, belting, rollers, pulleys, chains and sprockets.
- Requires assisting other technicians in the performance of maintenance activities and/or providing training/guidance.
- Electronically logs scheduled inspection reports of the operating equipment, fixed building equipment and building structures, maintenance, repairs and other records and schedules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
When needed, in addition to the duties and responsibilities mentioned above, the Mechanical Tech 2 performs maintenance support for (HVAC/Forklift/Electrical/Electronic) functions.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- 3-5 years’ experience in mechanical maintenance.
Job Title: FM Mech Tech (SBP) HiSkld
Location: Cedar Hill, TX, United States - 1650 S Hwy 67
Job ID: 1028513
J.C. Penney Company Inc.