This job posting is no longer active.
Media Senior Director - Marketing
The Media Senior Director
will be responsible for defining and building both paid and owned media strategies for JCPenney, managing the complete portfolio of media mix (traditional and digital), growth initiatives and relationships with media agency partners. Responsible for driving traffic and brand growth for both stores and ecomm through constant media optimization, testing and innovative approaches to advertising. Responsible for a large AOR this position requires detailed analysis, strong financial acumen and a broad knowledge of the media landscape. As a leader in the marketing organization this position will play a critical role in defining and leading the marketing strategy, including direct interface with partner brands, executive leaders within the company, cross functionally with the internal creative agency, brand marketing and media teams. This position reports directly to the VP, Marketing Strategy. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Develop and maintain strategic media plans for total portfolio (paid and owned, traditional and digital).
- Lead agency partners to drive innovative media strategies and continuous improvement plans.
- Direct oversight of total JCPenney media spend, responsible for managing budget, allocations of dollars, verification of invoice accuracy and routine auditing of spend performance.
- Analyze and report on media performance, develop cause analysis and maximize overall portfolio efficiency.
- Must be detail oriented with experience in managing large media budgets across media channels.
- Develop test plans to optimize media performance and provide ongoing recommendations for media mix improvements.
- Manage relationship with partner brands, internal creative agencies and internal stakeholders to deliver on broader company strategies.
- Analyze data to develop clear targeting recommendations for brands and product priorities.
- Analyze market data for both core competitors and general retail market trends.
- Ability to clearly communicate media impact on the business and present cross functionally the strategies and tactics.
- Develop top talent and build a positive environment with a mindset of progressive problem solving and brand building.
- Lead personalization from the perspective of paid and owned media marketing, identify new ways to segment audiences, dynamically adjust to trends and create a more personalized marketing experience across both digital and traditional media channels.
- Provide executive level presentations to clearly communicate the total product marketing strategies.
What you get:
- 10+ years of progressive marketing experience focused on paid media management with a focus on large budget management. Retail experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Finance preferred. Master's degree a plus.
- The ideal candidate has extensive media experience across both traditional and digital channels. A strong understanding of complex media mix optimization and relationship of paid to owned channels is a must. Data focused and able to understand complex models.
- Experience managing multi channel marketing driving both brand media and performance media to serve online and store revenue streams.
- This role requires strong leadership skills, team building and an ability to work cross functionally with a solutions oriented mindset.
- Experience managing a large multi level team of reports; Be a positive change agent with an ability to lead others through change and growth.
- Be a thought leader and cultivate a culture of out of the box thinking and innovation.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Media Senior Director - Marketing
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1110249
J.C. Penney Company Inc.