Corporate Communications Senior Manager
The Corporate Communications Senior Manager
will report to the Head of Communications and Philanthropy and will focus on developing and executing a comprehensive strategy for external events and executive communications. Day-to-day responsibilities will center on two primary areas:
- Marquee events and partnerships - establishing JCPenney's presence at and nurturing key relationships with leading industry events and business forums
- Executive platform development - developing and driving a comprehensive, multi-channel strategy for select leaders to elevate executive visibility
The Senior Manager's approach should be collaborative and flexible, partnering closely with stakeholders across the Company to identify key moments to advance our purpose and shape our reputation.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Identify, prioritize and routinely curate landscape of relevant third-party industry events, executive forums and awards and recognitions that enable us to amplify JCPenney's presence through our leaders
- Cultivate strong relationships with event organizers and demonstrate strong partner negotiation and management skills
- Support JCPenney-owned stakeholder convenings for internal and external audiences
- Lead development of a master messaging document, with the latest Company stats and proof points, drawing from both stakeholders across the Company and key external thought leadership and news.
- Elevate executives' voice on specific topics aligned with JCPenney's purpose and strategy through multiple channels, including but not limited to media interviews, speaking opportunities, LinkedIn presence
- Lead on briefing materials and speaker/media prep for opportunities as needed
- Build and nurture relationships with the executive leadership team and cross-functional stakeholders to understand the business
- Work collaboratively across company and business unit leadership and peers to continually identify high impact communications opportunities to enhance JCPenney's brand and reputation
- Establish process to enable long-term planning, measurement and tracking, and growth as it relates to executive visibility and reach.
- Offer exceptional judgement and counsel for issues management and crisis response
- Lead with initiative and curiosity and serve as a leader for a growing Communications team
What you get:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Broadcast Journalism, Business Communications or equivalent work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in corporate communications in a corporate or agency environment.
- Experience building and scaling executive communications programs, from strategy setting to content creation; direct management of executive's LinkedIn content a plus
- Exceptional writing skills and experience adapting collaboration tactics and writing styles for a given executive
- Keen storytelling instincts that enables creative, compelling and humanizing content to come through in speeches, talking points, and messaging.
- Ability to gain trust and have a seat at the table with C-level executives
- Strong business acumen and pulse on global and industry issues
- Sound judgement and ability to counsel leaders
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and highly matrixed environment
- Demonstrates high level of commitment and ownership
- Mastery of Power Point and Excel
- Willingness to travel at least 20% and flexibility to accommodate occasional last-minute requests
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Corporate Communications Senior Manager
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1110152
J.C. Penney Company Inc.