Inclusion and Diversity Senior Manager
JCPenney is seeking an Inclusion and Diversity Senior Manager
to support our Human Resource organization. The Senior Manager will be responsible for leading the design and development of diversity and inclusion program and portfolio solutions of varying sizes and duration including large projects from a global perspective that incorporate both business and technical aspects.
This role will report to the Head of Inclusion and Diversity and work cross-functionally within HR and the business while maintaining total ownership to ensure overall success. The successful candidate for this role will have a proven track record of delivering successful I&D portfolio and programs to Enterprise level customers.Primary Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and drive the creation and execution of diversity and inclusion learning portfolios and strategies for over 50,000 employees.
- Collaborate with cross functional business partners to ensure the alignment and the infusion of the culture in all relevant HR products and services.
- Support the development of policies, strategies, tools, and programs to leverage inclusion and diversity to drive business outcomes.
- Manage the process and team--I&D Focused Learning Program Oversight (Leaders and Associates)
- Partners closely with Talent Management and Development (e.g., Anti -Bias training, Conscious Inclusion Training. Courageous Conversations Leader Toolkits, Leading Diverse Teams Training)
- Partners closely with Philanthropy and Communications team
- Lead the Branding for Internal and External I&D Communications
- Internal newsletters, communications
- Social media, External articles
- Internal Videos/Podcasts
- Internal /external I&D website owner
- Oversee I&D related rewards and recognition (I&D Awards, BRT Leadership Forums, External Conference Oversight)
- Interim liaise with Procurement function on Supplier Diversity Management
- Interim I&D Reporting, KPI lead focused on creating performance metrics to measure accountability and progress for I&D efforts.
- I&D Client Consultant Lead (distribution and logistics centers, as well as for International)
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Subject Matter Expert on Inclusion & Diversity Provide consultation across HR when designing, embedding, and implementing Inclusion, Diversity and Culture processes and learning portfolio.
- Serve as subject matter expert and partner with Talent Development to drive targeted diversity education and training; provide innovative ideas and solutions to recruit and retain diverse talent.
- Act as a thought leader and advisor to the HR Business Partners, business unit, inclusion, and diversity committees, and leaders; work directly with HRBPs to support strategic planning that will drive an engagement and inclusion strategy that enables diversity.
- Understand how to integrate and execute related I&D best practices into the full scope of HR practices: Workforce Planning and Employment; Talent Management; and Change Management.
- Key Business Partner to senior managers and executives on the business disciplines of Inclusion & Diversity.
Analyze data such as engagement surveys, organizational culture audits, and prepare reports for senior management to inform decision-making.
- Role Model that leads the integrations of core values; integrity; and accountability throughout the Company's business and human capital practices.
What you get:
- 10+ years of I&D or progressive leadership HRBP experience
- Experience supporting, I&D organizations (global experience a plus)
- Experience with managing projects in an ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated experience in working with curating and designing Diversity and Inclusion solutions
- Proven success working with all levels of management
- Flexible and able to quickly assess situations and pivot as necessary
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Very responsive and strong execution-focused: Ability to hold organization accountable to drive various initiatives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Inclusion and Diversity Senior Manager
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1110155
J.C. Penney Company Inc.