This job posting is no longer active.
Principal Program Manager - Planning and Governance
We are looking for a Portfolio Principal Program Manager
to help manage cross functional technology projects and programs from within our Planning and Governance PMO team. This role would be responsible for program management and other PMO functions such as financial Portfolio Management for the Technology organization. The Planning and Governance team provides PMO processes and guidelines to functional PMO's within Technology, as well as support for project and contract financials across the Technology portfolio. The Primary focus of this role would be overall Technology Portfolio Management, working with PM's, Project Directors, and Finance to ensure our Technology commitments are met and our overall portfolio is within plan. Secondary focus will be to drive exceptional project management disciplines across both internal and external project managers. Lastly, role will drive cross functional initiatives to completion using standard Program Management practices and disciplines in task management, scheduling, budgeting, risk and issue resolution, communications, and escalations. If you thrive in working with multiple teams and can influence business and technical leaders in a fast-paced environment, have strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, we want to talk to you.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Overall Portfolio Management for large portfolio of technology projects
- Work closely with PM's, Project Directors, Technology Leadership, and Finance leadership to ensure timely and accurate deliverables including monthly project portfolio forecasts, variance analysis and reporting, budget mitigation, and budget reduction when necessary
- Manage portfolio financial controls, PMOTL tooling, and communications
- Create and manage central PMO health reporting of technology projects to ensure proper utilization of Technology resources including financials, associates, and contractors
- Lead large complexity Programs from concept to implementation as required
- Design, develop, manage complex project plans, revising needs to meet changing priorities
- Manage program-level planning to track milestones and deliverables impacting multiple projects, releases, tracks, and dependencies
- Manage Portfolio/Program/Project level Stakeholders as necessary
- Utilizing standard portfolio and program management processes and tools to assess status and provide recommendations and execute on course corrections as needed (don't just measure, actively engage to fix the problem)
- Have excellent communication and partnership skills essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the company to manage, inform and influence outcomes
- Leverage outstanding problem solving and influencing skills to ensure Program plans deliver on time
- Train and mentor project managers
What you get:
- 7 - 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Excellent management, leadership, organization, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong experience with project financials, forecasting, and P&L impacts
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, adapt to change and effectively prioritize work to meet competing deadlines
- Experience with onsite/offshore coordination
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Certification in the field of Project Management and Agile methods is preferred
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Principal Program Manager - Planning and Governance
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1110159
J.C. Penney Company Inc.