Senior Engineer - Big Data Analytics
The Senior Engineer - Big Data Analytics will report to a Senior Manager - Data and Analytics Technology. Using Big Data technology, you will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting data analytics solutions utilizing cloud architecture. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Play a lead role in developing a high-performance data platform, integrating data from a variety of internal and external sources, to create certified data domains to support current and future analytics and data science needs
- Provide the highest level of expertise for the specification, development, implementation, and support of Analytical solutions (e.g., Hive, Hadoop, EMR, Python, Spark, Redshift, Datameer)
- Lead, build and deliver projects with high impact and cross-portfolio scope, complexity, and collaboration with cross-functional teams, both business and technology
- Participate in helping leadership define the future vision, solution architecture, and roadmap of Big Data Analytics platforms, services, and solutions by working across functional and technical disciplines
- Provide technical leadership and coaching to less senior engineers across the organization
- Act as SME and point of contact in multiple areas of expertise, demonstrating extensive breadth and depth
- Evaluate, identify, and offer innovative options and solutions
- Explain technical issues and solutions to leadership in non-technical, understandable terms
- Interact with business teams to gather, interpret, and understand their business needs and create detailed design specifications
- Foster the continuous evolution of best practices within the development team to ensure data quality, standardization, and consistency
- Continuously seek Data Lake platform, ingestion, governance, and service improvement opportunities that ensure optimal use of the environment and improve stability. Lead efforts to implement the solutions.
What you get:
- 7+ years of professional experience
- 4+ years of experience with Big Data technology and analytics
- Retail industry experience preferred
- Proficient in using Big Data tools (e.g., Apache (Spark, NiFi, Sqoop, HBase, HDFS, Spark-SQL, Atlas), Hadoop (Hive, Pig, Flume, YARN, Hive QL), AWS EMR, NoSQL and relational DBs, Kafka, Datameer, MapReduce, Jenkins)
- Proficient in API development and consumption, data modeling, preparation, manipulation, loading and optimization, warehousing techniques, and technologies
- Proficient in query languages (e.g., SQL, Hive)
- Experience with one or more languages (e.g., Python, PySpark, Scala, Java)
- Experience with SOA, IaaS, and Cloud Computing technologies, particularly in the AWS environment
- Expert level understanding of ETL fundamentals and building efficient data pipelines
- Experience with process workflows e.g., Apache Airflow
- Experience with AWS CLI and Linux
- Experience implementing security best practices
- Experience in data science and development/validation of machine learning algorithms
- Experience with data preparation and manipulation using Datameer tool
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau
- Experience with continuous software integration, test and deployment
- Experience with agile software development (e.g., Scrum) and project management tools (e.g., JIRA)
- Self-motivated. Capable of working with little or no supervision.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge in the appropriate technical areas
- Strong written and verbal communication. Able to present and hold meetings with business and technology partners, enterprise architects and vendors.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Engineer - Big Data Analytics
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1110151
J.C. Penney Company Inc.