This job posting is no longer active.
Senior Director Government Affairs
The Senior Director Government Affairs
will guide and represent the company on legislative and regulatory affairs with elected officials and government officials. The professional will build and maintain relationships with governments, trade associations, industry coalitions, public services and other authorities to influence policies and positions.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Act as a subject matter expert on regulatory matters and sustainability policy.
- Represent JCPenney at forums and gatherings with government officials to exchange ideas and information on business activities and potential legislation that may affect the company.
- Ensure that the organization's interests are represented and protected in legislative proceedings and in the development of market rules and procedures.
- Develop, maintain and report on policies and programs to ensure awareness of government legislation and regulatory issues that affect the organization.
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Coordinate with industry trade associations to maximize effectiveness
- Other duties as assigned
What you get:
- 10+ years of experience in policy and/or regulatory development and analysis
- Deep understanding of policy and business issues.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, strategic thinking, policy acumen, and strong work ethic
- Exceptional relationship building skills and considerable experience with navigating and understanding federal politics and legislative processes
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communications skills, including both public speaking and the ability to engage with senior executives
- Ability to excel and maintain a positive attitude in a high-performance, fast-paced professional environment, while managing multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Director Government Affairs
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109987
J.C. Penney Company Inc.