Senior IT Manager - Analytics & Site Tagging
The Analytics/Site Tagging team is responsible for helping JCPenney make data-driven business decisions. The team plays a critical role in ensuring accurate data is ingested into platforms such as Adobe Analytics in a well-defined structured format. Additionally, it will assist in ensuring this data is accurately consumed by JCPenney's other Analytics and Business Intelligence tools.
The Sr. Manager will manage a team responsible for overall governance of site tagging rules, implementing tags across all channels and configuration of the Adobe Analytics service. The ideal candidate has deep knowledge and domain experience in Adobe analytics particularly in a retail environment. This includes demonstrable success leading a team of architects, engineers and QA resources to deliver a reliable analysis platform.
The Sr. Manager will work across the organization to ensure analytics platform requirements are well defined with achievable success criteria. They will also provide guidance & coaching to motivate their direct reports to achieve optimum performance and career development.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Gather business requirements from site merchandising, marketing, web product management, digital platform and other stakeholders across Omnichannel and other groups at JCPenney
- Prioritize and plan analytics implementation based on ROI, effort, complexity and other factors
- Lead the Web Analytics Steering Committee to ensure team activities match wider organization priorities
- Oversee translation of business requirements into technical requirements.
- Lead a team of data analysts, engineers and QA resources
- Develop team financial forecasts and provide ongoing reconciliation of resources and project cost
- Manage, coach, and develop the analytical and technical skills of team members
- Build long-term web analytics roadmap to meet the current and future needs of the organization
- Ensure data feeds into and out of Adobe analytics are reliable, accurate and robust. This includes both vendor partners (email, recommendation, retargeting), big data tools (Hadoop, Datameer) and internal systems (cost feeds, product feeds, digital platform, pricing etc.)
What you get:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience, including implementation, of Adobe Analytics
- 3+ years of experience leading a web analytics team
- 2-3 years' experience using tag management tools such as Tealium, Ensighten or Adobe Launch (Adobe Launch preferred)
- 1-2 years' experience with tag auditing tools such as Observepoint, WASP, HubScan or Accenture Digital Diagnostics etc.
- Experience with Adobe Launch Server Side Forwarding preferred
- Experience with A/B Testing and Personalization tools preferred
- Demonstrable experience leading an analytics data implementation project
- Ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Excellent communication and oral presentation skills
- Experience in retail and/or e-commerce highly preferred
- Bachelors degree in Computer science or related field
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior IT Manager - Analytics & Site Tagging
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1110106
J.C. Penney Company Inc.