Engineer 2 - Back End (Enterprise Fulfillment)
We are looking for an experienced Back-End Software Engineer
to join our team. In this role, your main responsibilities will include updating existing functionality and building new features using agile best practices, leveraging various Java Frameworks such as Spring Boot, Spring Integration, etc to enhance our back-end application built upon open-source technologies.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Work closely with Java development and software design team for production, modification and maintenance of REST API, Queue Based Async & Spark Data Read Applications.
- Develop and unit test software that meets business requirements and technical design.
- Work directly with other JCPenney IT associates as well as JCPenney business customers to communicate technical capabilities.
- Troubleshoot pre- and post-production implementations.
- Propose new ideas when there is strong business value and stay up to date on the latest technology trends and techniques.
What We Use:
- Strong Java Experience (Preferably Java8 or higher).
- Experience building high-performant, heavy-traffic Services using Spring Boot, Spring Integration & Spark.
- Ability to write clean, modular, reusable code (using design patterns) and experience with unit-test driven approach to development.
- Experience with Microservices & Cloud Framework (Preferably AWS Cloud).
- Experience with NoSQL Database (Preferrable in Cassandra).
- Experience with caching Technology (Preferrable in Hazelcast).
- Knowledge of Log tools (Splunk) and Continuous Deployment (Jenkins) is nice to have.
- Work experience in Agile Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with Adaptive/Responsive Design Principles.
- Familiarity with Data Structures, Algorithms, and general Computer Science Fundamentals.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of experience with Java, Spring Boot, Microservices, REST, Cassandra, Hazelcast framework application development.
What you get:
- Java (Version 8)
- Spring Boot
- Spring Integration
- RESTful API
- Microservices Components (Feign, Zuul, Hystrix, Log Tracing, Config Service, etc)
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Engineer 2 - Back End (Enterprise Fulfillment)
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1110108
J.C. Penney Company Inc.