Director - Digital Commerce
The Director - Digital Commerce
will drive the digital customer journey through external marketing strategies and internal site execution. Primary responsibility will drive ecommerce sales and margin by optimizing merchandise strategies online with enhanced user experiences, site content, and PDP accuracy. Optimizes revenue across eCommerce business by utilizing fact-based recommendations to influence and impact site experience, marketing, pricing, taxonomy, assortment, inventory investment and other drivers. Facilitates alignment of merchandising and digital team on priorities and actions including time and action for changes and potential impacts. Is the CEO of their 500M digital business. Accountable for revenue per visit and Conversion improvements year over year.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Is a cross-functional leader able to create and successfully execute site strategies with Marketing, Planning, Merchants, Technology team and eCommerce operations teams.
- Identifies best in class retailers and does market benchmarking on site experience, taxonomy, assortment and other business drivers
- Suggests new and innovative experience and product ideas to drive revenue
- Alignment and timely communication of changes and potential impacts between digital and all other members of the cross functional business unit (BU) including merchandise, marketing, inventory management, planning & allocation, and site experience team
- Drives customer journey through site execution, influence marketing strategies with divisional journey analysis, drives divisional/category sales through new user experiences, implements digital linking strategy, analyzes site metric analysis, improvement product pages, implements divisional SEO and Taxonomy strategies, and conceives of and performs competitive analysis.
- Defines customer journey for external paid and unpaid marketing channels, influence marketing timing, content at the divisional level. Ensures ability to properly execute customer journey and drives paid marketing modifications.
- Leads online category prioritization and work on marketing planning, brand matrix and brand planning
- Leads BU on Item Set Up -features, benefits, attributes supporting taxonomy and driving conversion on site
- Optimizes page performance with quarterly/seasonal analysis of all site content.
- Leads Business Review preparation, analysis, and improvements Daily, Weekly, Monthly, etc.
- Identify risks/opportunities by category for division and business.
- Regularly publishes set information on site performance to include sales and profit of brands, vendors, site metrics, search investment and other metrics determined to be critical to revenue generation and optimization
What you get:
- 10+ years' experience in Retail eCommerce
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong vision for customer journey and experience
- Strong influencer and communicator; creative problem solver
- Strong merchandising skills/knowledge
- Critical thinking skills, courageous
- Results oriented with strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Ability to build trust and drive change.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Director - Digital Commerce
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1110117
J.C. Penney Company Inc.