VP - Salon & Beauty, Operations & ServicesPURPOSE:
Provides leadership and omni-channel strategic direction in the development, implementation and execution across beauty divisions including Salon and Beauty services, education, and operational initiatives to drive sales and profit. Develop, maintain, and grow partnerships with vendors/suppliers.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS ROLE:DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF SALON STRATEGY
DEVELOPMENT OF SALON AND BEAUTY TEAM
- Develops strategy to promote key salon and beauty initiatives to drive brand recognition and deliver outstanding client experience to all guests
- Provides leadership and direction to Salon and Beauty Leadership in Home Office and Stores, in furtherance of strategic objectives related to sales, education and field operational excellence
- Oversees and manages key strategic programs and initiatives being executed by Salon and Beauty teams to ensure they align with overall direction for the Company and a 360-degree marketing approach.
- Ensures strategy related to sales, retail, service, and education aligns with industry trends and exceeds client expectations for beauty business
- Key role in sunsetting strategic partnership with Sephora SiJCP (Sephora Inside JCP) with focus on retaining customers and beauty associates in stores
- Responsible for hiring, training, and leading the Home Office Salon and Beauty Leadership Team and providing support and direction to Beauty Field and Training teams; manages team performance to divisional objectives
- Proactively recruit, develop, and retain teams across both profiles with an emphasis on Operations, Education and Experience.
- Ensures that advice, direction, and information is communicated to teams and partners in a timely manner, to promote consistent execution of strategy and attainment of objectives for Salon and Beauty in Stores
- Serves as a mentor and coach to Salon and Beauty teams, and supports developmental opportunities for team members
- Creates and promotes culture of engagement and positive associate relations within Salon and Beauty Team
- Participates in broadcasts, store communications and other communications and training opportunities to share strategies and results broadly when appropriate.
- Alignment and a relationship with the Hair Merchant team.
- Proactively recruit, develop, and retain teams across both profiles.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Build a connection with an already well-established Salon business to create a fluid experience with JCP Beauty.
- Key collaborator across all functions of beauty particularly with the Merchandising and Merch Ops teams.
- Active participation in Company leadership
What you get:
- 10+ years of progressive merchandising and marketing experience in Salon and/or Beauty
- Bachelor's degree preferred; graduate degree desirable
- Strategically sets a purpose and outlines a future path for the organization; provides clear expectations and shares rationale behind decisions that are made; identifies strategies and objectives.
- Experience managing large teams of direct and indirect reports. Ability to build and develop a diverse and high-performing team
- Establishes challenging standards; inspires and holds self and others accountable to achieve results; provides feedback; gives visibility and recognition to others for mastering tasks and successful contributions.
- Knowledge of product, sourcing, assortment optimization, business planning, market intelligence and supplier management
- Makes quick decisions, moves fast to make things happen with aggressive but realistic deadlines
- Ability to develop positive and inclusive relationships with cross-functional teams across the company and within own team
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation, holidays & wellness days, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom
to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page
Job Title: VP – Salon & Beauty, Operations & Services
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1110084
J.C. Penney Company Inc.