Creative Packaging Art DirectorJ.C. Penney Company, Inc.Plano, Texas
The Art Director will support the Creative Packaging Dept. in developing and maintaining branding and photography for all JCPenney Private Brand packaging. The Art Director position is a hybrid role offering the flexibility to work both remotely as well as in the office for critical in person collaborations.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Designs creative concepts for the development of new and established private brands' packaging and labeling for assigned brands to ensure and protect brand identities across multi-channel platforms
- Ensures all designs meet the legal requirements and compliance of our trademark registrations
- Works with Product Development/Pre-Pro team to develop cost efficient packaging and labeling for timely release within Corporate MLC (calendar) deadlines
- Maintains working relationships with preferred global packaging suppliers to ensure designs are both innovative as well as compatible with existing production capabilities within our cost structure guidelines
- Reviews and evaluates pre- and post-production samples for quality and execution
- Maintains technical expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite to work efficiently
- Evaluates packaging trends in the marketplace to ensure relevancy of our own
- Utilizes Customer Strategy/Insights team data to ensure packaging improves the customer shopping experience and facilitates purchasing decisions
- Designs with environmental impact, responsibility, and sustainability in mind
- Partners with In-Store Visuals and Marketing teams to ensure brand consistency across all selling channels
- Brings regular innovation and new ideas to the Creative Packaging team for consideration
- Owns special projects as needed
What you get:
- Ability to build relationships with cross-functional team members and external partners
- Effectively able to manage execution, multi-task, and prioritize assigned workload
- Must exhibit excellent communication, listening, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and Microsoft Office software
- Degree in Art/Graphic Design (Equivalent design experience will be considered)
- 2-4 years of related experience in a graphic design role, preferably in branding and/or packaging
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for every family. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover quality merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive, and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and passion of our associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to celebrate and serve diverse, working American families.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring, and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated, and diversity flourishes. It's a place that's meant for you!
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what's new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Creative Packaging Art Director
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1110102
J.C. Penney Company Inc.