Merchandise Strategy & Operations Senior Specialist
The Merchandise Strategy and Operations team drives connectivity, removes silos, and develops innovative solutions for the Merchandising teams and other cross-functional partners across JCPenney.
In the role of Senior Specialist
, you will support Merchandise, Planning & Allocation, Product Development, Design, and Sourcing teams with day-to-day maintenance of the Private Brand calendars and related processes, ensuring timely execution of all tasks related to the merchandise lifecycle. A successful candidate must be a self-starter with strong attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to meet tight deadlines, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Responsible for the enhancement, management, maintenance, and publishing of all Private Brand seasonal development processes and calendars.
- Provide continual updates to ensure all teams are well informed of changes to the calendar, supporting documents or general process guidelines.
- Track key milestones with actual versus projected dates and monitor seasons for potential risk to overall timeline.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams and provide timely updates that magnify any issues to ensure the calendar process is operating at peak functionality via regular communication.
- Attend a consistent cadence of cross-functional, cross-divisional calendar build and review meetings to consult with key stakeholders on progress.
- Assist in various reporting and data collection projects/analysis for additional cross-functional partners including Marketing, Visual, Trend, and other Merchandising and Planning & Allocation ventures.
What you get:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in retail, merchandising, product development, or project management
- Proficient in MS software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint) and other standard office equipment for recording, storing, analyzing, and presenting information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage high level of detail with accuracy and minimal supervision
- Exceptional ability to build relationships with cross-functional partners while managing conflicting priorities
- Proven ability to coordinate projects in a fast-paced work environment with excellent follow-up and follow-through
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Merchandise Strategy & Operations Senior Specialist
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109960
J.C. Penney Company Inc.