IT Director - Bottom of Funnel Experience, Find more and Mobile Applications
The IT Director
will provideengineering management and technical oversight for the JCP Mobile Applications, bottom of funnel and Core eCommerce services, and the Find More teams. This role will collaborate with our product teams to develop and implement long range plans necessary to incorporate technology change, maintain operational efficiencies and provide exceptional internal customer support. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Lead cross-functional and international teams, multiple portfolios with complex platforms, products and processes to instill best practices and deliver high quality work.
- Accountability for delivery, including assessing progress against goals, root cause analysis, retrospectives and quality.
- Present to Executive Leadership and participate in setting up strategic direction in technology and team goals.
- Manage team members through performance, coaching and feedback, training and career discussions.
- Demonstrate the ability to seamlessly navigate and partner with stakeholders and leaders to drive common goals and objectives.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and align team members on project and organization goals and objectives.
- Plan, organize, and execute plan for implementation of enterprise IT systems in support of business operations to improve cost effectiveness, service, quality, and business development
- Acts as a champion and change agent in leading the organizational changes required to create and sustain operational efficiencies and provide exceptional internal customer support
What you get:
- 10+ years' experience, with 5+ years in leadership role.
- Ability to lead high- performance global engineering teams in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to lead a team of highly technical software engineering staff and earn trust of team members and stakeholders.
- Proven experience in developing customer facing experiences in the Ecommerce domain.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to drive change.
- Experience in career development and talent management.
- Experience in agile methodologies (Scrum/Kanban/SAFE) and project management discipline.
- Strong inter-personal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience in Retail is a plus.
- Experience with React, iOS and Android are all pluses.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: IT Director - Bottom of Funnel Experience, Find more and Mobile Applications
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109957
J.C. Penney Company Inc.