Asset Protection Security Specialist (Central Investigations Technician)
The Central Investigations Technician
will support and assist the Central Investigations Manager and Team with day-to-day analytics to identify potential internal and external fraud in stores to reduce shrink and drive profit. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Supports Stores, Asset Protection Teams, and Field Investigations by providing summary reports and evidence to support cases.
- Responds to inquiries from the field in relation to suspected shoplifters or unusual activity such as critical incidents, inclement weather, burglar/fire alarms, etc.
- Reviews and analyzes Point Of Sale (POS) exception reports and stores systems information to identify potential losses through theft, fraud or deception within assigned area.
- Refers associates suspected of dishonesty to district and store leadership for further investigation and resolution. Aids store teams in conducting internal investigations.
- Monitors CCTV surveillance
- Assists non-Asset Protection stores with phone interviews on potential internals suspects.
- Provides Key Performance Indicators reporting on internal fraud to field leadership.
- Assists Remote and External Technician responsibilities
- Meets established performance goals for the role.
- Supports Company's shrink and safety initiatives.
What you get:
- 2+ years Asset Protection experience, or analytical or IT responsibilities
- Strong software skills; intermediate Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint
- Critical Thinking and Analytical skills, Drives Results, Embrases Growth Mindset, Takes Accountability, Prioritizes Customers
- High School or equivalent; Bachelor's Degree preferred
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Asset Protection Security Specialist (Central Investigations Technician)
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109912
J.C. Penney Company Inc.