Human Resources Generalist (Entry Level) - Columbus, OH
Become part of our Human Resources team focused on increasing shareholder value and associate wealth by enabling an inclusive environment that drives success through Results, Ownership, and Intensity.
As an HR Generalist, you will partner with HR Leaders supporting the Supply Chain teams. You will have exposure and visibility from key HR leaders at JCPenney, including the Director of Supply Chain HR. The HR Specialist will support Supply Chain Centers in Columbus, OH. This role will report to the Regional Sr HR Manager and assist with the development and implementation of key strategies related to organizational effectiveness.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Partner with HR Leaders on key programs such as Leadership Development & Training, Organizational Development, Change Management, Succession Planning, HR Analytics/Reports and Associate Engagement.
- Process associate related changes relative to pay, position, and people management.
- Help support the HR Leaders with associate relations issues and investigations
- Interview internal and external candidates and make recommendations on hire selections.
- Manage backfill requests and headcount tracking for Sourcing, Logistics, Transportation, and others as needed.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze feedback, and provide recommendations on necessary actions if applicable.
- Prepare and facilitate performance calibration meetings, New Leaders Assimilations, and Talent Reviews.
- Develop key HR metrics (turnover, promotions, etc.) and recommend actions based on trends.
- Analyze associate compensation to prepare internal and external offers.
- Drive process improvement by leading departmental and cross-departmental meetings.
- Create presentations, build and manage budget spreadsheets, and assist with organizational charts/data.
What you get:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or related field.
- 0-3 years' experience in Human Resources as an intern, coordinator, or specialist.
- Strong HR acumen and communication skills.
- Works effectively on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to act independently on a variety of complex and challenging situations.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, documentation, and accuracy.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Human Resources Generalist (Entry Level) - Columbus, OH
Location: Columbus, OH, United States -
Job ID: 1109884
J.C. Penney Company Inc.