This job posting is no longer active.
Human Resource Manager - Customer Care Center (Hybrid)
The Human Resource Manager is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to our Customer Care organization, focused on driving our Associate Value Proposition by delivering business results and increasing organizational effectiveness and efficiency. This position will support business leaders by developing and executing HR initiatives designed to advance performance, retain talent, and build associate engagement within the remote field and Columbus, OH facility.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Collaborates with business leaders to develop and implement talent strategies, initiatives, and solutions that support business needs. Provides expert counsel and coaching to leaders and associates on HR programs, policies and procedures, associate relations issues, conflict resolution, change management, inclusion & diversity, performance management and organizational development and design.
- Leads the talent acquisition and recruiting process by partnering with leaders to source and staff a diverse workforce and ensure a positive onboarding experience.
- Collaborates with Customer Care business leaders to develop and implement talent strategies, initiatives, and solutions that support business needs. Oversees the development and implementation of succession planning and talent reviews that identify top talent, expose talent gaps and builds marketing capabilities.
- Oversees associate relations to ensure alignment with company policies, procedures and employment laws. Ensures compliance with state and local labor regulations. Enhances associate engagement by resolving issues promptly. Will take appropriate action in dual role of associate advocate and management coach and conduct interviews as appropriate.
- Drives the Associate Value Proposition through the launch and communication of initiatives that keep associates at the center. Monitors engagement and continuously looks for creative solutions to improve engagement through HR initiatives. Conducts stay and exit interviews to track trends and provides key insights. Leverages specialist partners to build HR tools and expertise to support client groups.
- Responsible for leading company communication and benefits meetings for Customer Care.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on business and HR initiatives.
What you get:
- High School or Equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years of HR experience, preferably in retail and/or customer service industry
- Critical Thinking, Growth Mindset, Drives Results, Takes Initiative, Demonstrates Leadership
- Strong, demonstrated proficiency with communication skills, influence, adaptability/flexibility, and building relationships.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Human Resource Manager - Customer Care Center
Location: Columbus, OH, United States -
Job ID: 1109920
J.C. Penney Company Inc.