This job posting is no longer active.
Provide IT technical support for fulfillment operation center. Work independently and with minimal supervision. Responsible for prioritizing work based on criticality. Responsible for individual workload and the implementation of efficient time-management practices to ensure that all individual work is addressed within established SLAs.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:Basic Knowledge:
- Provide IT technical support for incidents of up to high complexity.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve incidents in a timely manner ensuring minimal disruption to the internal customer.
- Follow company IT operational standards for reporting, monitoring, troubleshooting, and documenting issues.
- Assess issues and recommend alternative actions for incident resolution if available.
- Facilitate escalation and communication with home office and/or offshore IT teams, and/or vendors, to resolve local incidents that require more advanced knowledge and skillset.
- Hardware installation, configuration, and maintenance of all desktops, laptops, and peripherals.
- Hardware installation, configuration, and maintenance of all RF and RFID equipment.
- Perform Bare-Metal desktop builds using Windows SCCM
- Perform software installations using Windows Software Center Support Console
- Understand business processes being supported in fulfillment center and the related critical applications.
- Interact with business customers and react accordingly to changing environments and business needs.
- Support the policies, practices, and methodologies of the IT organization.
- Participate in IT Field Operation initiatives and projects as they arise.
- Identify trends to proactively prevent problems and escalations.
- Ability to lift
• Technical Institute/Associate Degree in Computer Information Systems or related subject matter; equivalent formal training
• Proficient aptitude for logical thinking and analytical processing
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal
• Strong partnering and teamwork skills
• Customer focused
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment Positional Knowledge:
• Proficient knowledge of PC / LAN hardware troubleshooting and basic knowledge of workstation software
• Proficient knowledge of Windows operating system and networking
• Proficient knowledge of Unix operating systems
• Proficient knowledge of BMC Remedy ITSM software for incident, problem, work order, asset, and change management Previous Experience:
What you get:
- Proven work experience or demonstrated knowledge with IT support, PC/LAN and other related hardware/software
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: IT Technician
Location: Lenexa, KS, United States -
Job ID: 1109901
J.C. Penney Company Inc.