The Senior Auditor
participates in and manages audits of an assigned audit area, functional area or subsidiary to ensure that proper analysis is utilized to determine whether a system of control exists, is adequate, is effectively maintained and includes appropriate corrective action.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Plans, coordinates, supervises and/or conducts audits of an assigned activity with a high degree of professional competence and technical expertise.
- Develops approach and conducts audit examination of various business processes, plans work, prepares budget, and prepares work papers to support audit findings.
- Prepares draft audit reports to be discussed with management at the conclusion of the audit.
- Schedules and supervises the activities of auditors; reviews work papers prepared by auditors for technical accuracy and thoroughness; counsels and guides auditors on audit scope and approach.
- For specialized audits, identifies and assesses risks and controls related to critical financial and operational business processes, and recommends the scope and objectives of the audit, and develops the draft audit program.
- Assists the Company's external auditors by jointly participating in audits, or by independently performing certain phases of audit work using provided audit programs.
- Upon request, conducts special investigations involving known or suspected misappropriation of Company funds or property.
- Provides input for the development of annual audit plan.
What you get:
- Bachelor or Master's Degree with emphasis in accounting or finance
- CIA, CPA, CFE, or CISA are desirable
- Minimum 3 years of progressive responsibility in auditing
- Project management experience with large, complex projects
- Experience with SOX, risk assessment and/or process improvement methodologies
- Working knowledge of conditions, trends, and practices relating to auditing
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Auditor
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109864
J.C. Penney Company Inc.