This job posting is no longer active.
Senior Business Analyst - Planning & Allocation
The Senior Business Analyst
is responsible for the allocation of merchandise at the sku level across all stores, ensuring presentation standards by store are met based on Buyer's intent and allocation objectives. Partner with merchandising organization to drive size strategy and execution. Collaborate with (sr.) Planning Manager and merchandising organization to review / challenge assortment flow plan.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Allocate merchandise at sku level based on the Buyer intent and allocation objectives.
- Accountable for ensuring stores and eCommerce platform are at optimal inventory levels and presentation standards are met to drive sales, in-stocks, and service customers
- Develop product knowledge to be store level expert in regards to product needs and opportunities.
- Responsible for presenting needs to Business Unit in determining the best strategy to maximize opportunity
- Collaborate with (sr.) Planning Manager and merchandising organization to review / challenge assortment flow plan and ensure sufficient quantities are purchased to support the assortment plan
- Perform pre-season, in-season, and post-season analysis to uncover opportunities and risks
- Develop recommendations for in-season changes and pre-season assortment plans to ensure maximization of objectives
- Monitors JCPenney warehouse inventory and flow and recommends appropriate actions to the Business Unit in order to maximize business objectives
- Partner with merchant organization on size strategy execution providing analysis, depth needs, range recommendations, and pack configuration
- Develop / implement strategies to create vendor pre-packs based on pack configuration analysis; identify opportunities to add new sizes and / or liabilities to omit sizes from assortment
- Prepare weekly / monthly review of item sales and inventory results; coordinate subsequent re-forecasting estimates with the (sr.) Planning Manager to review with the Business Unit
What you get:
- 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in business, planning, allocation, and/or merchandising
- College degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Ability to drive retail profitability and inventory productivity
- Readily grasps numerical concepts and interprets financial information accurately
- Ability to utilize retail math skills to analyze and drive business
- Exhibit high standards and accountability; takes pride in accuracy
- Results-oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Able to independently organize and prioritize broad workload to meet deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to successfully collaborate with internal and external partners
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst - Planning & Allocation
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109714
J.C. Penney Company Inc.