Manager - Pricing Analytics
The Manager - Pricing Analytics
will support and assist the Director, Pricing Analytics with day-to-day quantitative and statistical analysis, modeling and testing decisions and outcomes, and recommending actions to business partners to support the development and execution of pricing and promotions strategies.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Analyze data, test strategies, and solve business questions using their insights, analytics, and judgement to deliver better business outcomes
- Builds statistical models, including price elasticity models, to provide decision-makers the analytical rigor needed to optimize pricing and promotions decisions
- Work with Merchants offering strong points of view and recommendations for sales and margin optimization through pricing strategy
- Develop models and strategic insights that Marketing can use to improve promotion performance. Work with Marketing partners to analyze results and recommend items and prices for future ads
- Develop seasonal markdown cadence strategies, optimize by district or zone where feasible and measure results.
- Designs and perform tests to find tactics that maximize revenues and/or profit for the enterprise
- Ensures that all key deliverables and timelines for projects and tasks are met
- Shares best practices across their team, identifies largest areas of repetitive manual work and raises to management team to look for automation opportunities
- You are hands on data wrangler. Can comfortably extract data from databases or APIs' and transform them for model ingestion or reporting
- You are technical and have experience developing ML solutions from concept to production and know the best tool for the job
What you get:
- 4 or more years of work experience in analytical or quantitative role, experience in retail industry a plus
- Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools such as Hadoop, Hive, etc.
- Expert knowledge of analytical tools such as SAS and programming languages such as R, Scala, Python, SQL
- Experience working with AWS,Azure or similar cloud platform
- Advanced proficiency with modeling with tools such as Excel and Tableau and proficiency with other Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions, use data and software to conduct the analyses, and synthesize findings
- Strong communication skills and ability to succinctly summarize and share results with key stakeholders
- Ability to build relationships and work cross functionally with business partners
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or other quantitative or scientific field required
- Master's degree in Data Science, Statistics, or related field preferred
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Manager - Pricing Analytics
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109842
J.C. Penney Company Inc.