Director - eCommerce Analytics
The Director - eCommerce Analytics
will be responsible for leading analytics for the eCommerce/Digital Analytics team to meet the growth of our eCommerce business. The role will involve a mix of strategy, analytics, test and learn, and the ability to convert insights into actions in collaboration with other team members. You will have a background in delivering outstanding analytics and insights across web and merchandising analytics, customer lifetime value, and pricing and promotion optimization. To be successful in this role, you will need to be hands-on, a thought leader in the space, and work cross functionally with our merchandising, marketing, and products teams. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Lead, grow and develop an analytics team responsible for driving actionable insights for the Digital Analytics team. Responsibilities include web and site merchandising analytics (including page effectiveness, journey optimization, product and content placement optimization, site friction points, traffic and conversion metrics, etc.), pricing, and promotional optimization.
- Utilize big data analytics and data science modeling techniques to build machine learning models necessary to uncover opportunities associated with site optimization, customer journey, and personalization to maximize customer lifetime value.
- Create a test and learn culture to unlock value and drive continuous improvement within the customer experience.
- Develop strategies and provide direction for the development and application of Business Intelligence tools that provide robust KPI's and drill down capabilities to unlock site optimization opportunities.
- Keep a tab on best practices across the industry and continuously improve internal processes by imbibing these.
- Able to deal with ambiguity, a go-getter who figure things out, and can turn insights into executable strategies that improve financial results.
- Interface and drive engagement with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate the insights and recommendations in a succinct and easy-to-understand manner to senior leadership with a focus on the what as opposed to the how and gain consensus to drive desired change.
What you get:
- Degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Applied Analytics, Operations Research; Masters preferred.
- A change agent, someone who has a strong foundation in data and analytics in a retail environment (pricing, digital marketing and supply chain experience is a plus)
- 10+ years of total experience.
- Prior experience building and leading high-performing analytics teams with progressive work experience in terms of people management and leadership.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Business Analytics with strong experience in statistical techniques and their application in solving business questions.
- 4+ years of professional experience in leading analytics in web and merchandising analytics, pricing and promotional optimization, and customer lifetime value.
- Aptitude for strategic thinking and problem solving in a fluid environment.
- Executive presence and mindset, with the ability to roll up sleeves when necessary.
- Excellent communication skills, able to present, negotiate and influence.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Director - eCommerce Analytics
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109749
J.C. Penney Company Inc.