Distinguished Architect - Data, AI & MLOps
As a Distinguished Architect
at JCPenney you will play a key leadership role in the development and execution of enterprise-wide business, data, application, and technical architecture vision and strategies. You will establish strong relationships with the business and technology teams within our organization, teaching and driving improved communication of the architecture vision. This role is essential to driving the overall flexibility and scalability of the highly complicated environment of overlapping systems across the company's business functions. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Serve as a thought leader to the organization in the area of data, analytics, AI and ML.•
- Define the North Star that will guide the organization's journey towards MLOps.
- Work closely with colleagues in Engineering and Product Management to move us towards MLOps.
- Perform in depth analysis of current state and create target state architecture, capability maturity roadmap and transition state architectures.
- Development of collateral: reference architectures, associate guides, patterns and example code.
- Define and govern architecture principles & standards to build maintainable, scalable, high performing and secured business systems.
- Provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to Engineers, Architects, and Product Managers.
- Hands-on Architect - you will develop example code, working closely with developers to advance the state of the art.
What you get:
- Deep knowledge and experience across various architectural disciplines (Application, Technical, Business, and Data/Information).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 10-15 years' work experience, is required. Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred.
- Hands on experience with languages such as Python, Java, R, Scala, etc.
- Hands on experience with one or more Cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with data pipeline and stream processing platforms
- Experience with a variety of database technologies, including RDBMS, NoSQL, Graph Databases, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive adoption of architecture practices.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, with ability to function at both the conceptual as well as detail levels.
- Defined reusable and proven patterns, frameworks, reference models to drive Engineering and Architecture quality and speed.
- Extensive experience architecting and designing scalable, secured, high performing solutions.
- Trained and mentored junior architects and engineers.
- People management experience desired.
- Retail experience desired.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Distinguished Architect - Data, AI & MLOps
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109751
J.C. Penney Company Inc.