Director - Merch and P&APrimary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- You would lead large teams and multiple portfolios with complex platforms, products or processes and instill best practices and deliver high quality work.
- The role requires you to work with Executive Leadership and participate in setting up strategic direction in technology and team goals.
- You will need to have regular meaningful conversations with team members to discuss performance, coaching and feedback, training needs, and career discussions.
- Demonstrate the ability to seamlessly navigate and partner with stakeholders and leaders to drive common goals and objectives.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and align team members on project and organization goals and objectives.
What you get:
- 10+ years of leadership experience, including full life cycle implementations for large, enterprise systems.
- Good experience with onsite/offshore delivery model
- Proficiency in leading Merchandise Planning & Allocation portfolio would be good
- Experience in leading teams to migrate systems to cloud technologies and SaaS providers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Candidate should have sense of urgency and take ownership of the work.
- Candidate should be able to collaborate, and get needed information and status from others
- Experience or demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience leading technology strategy discussion with internal business stakeholders and third-party partners
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) to different levels of the organization, including to executive leadership.
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Creative problem solving, organization, attention to detail, flexibility and adaptability are crucial to the success of this role
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, science or related technical field
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Director - Merch and P&A
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109752
J.C. Penney Company Inc.