This job posting is no longer active.
The Inventory Planner - Planning & Allocation
- (Division, Category) manages the successful planning and execution of store plans/clusters, store size planning, and item flow strategies. The Inventory Planner is responsible for executing buyer's assortment vision with accurate quantification. Work with supply chain to ensure flow strategies are executable through logistics channels.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Responsible for the size profiling and pack optimization of one or more MAT teams for enterprise
- Collaborates with Merchants for AP entry based Buyer Vision
- Executes quantification in the BP workbook of the Assortment Planning Application
- Creates and evaluates size profiles to ensure buys and allocations are in-sync and accurate at the store level
- Communicates with merchants and allocation team on the results and risks of flow strategies
- Challenges merchants on missed opportunities in the assortments at the store level and channel
- Communicates assortment and store opportunities to Sr. Manager and Allocation Director
- Optimizes the pack and MCQ configuration to create optimal store and supply chain strategies for best cost/speed/accuracy
- Develops Location Planning/Clustering for MAT
- Provides Merchants with choice count analysis, considering store productivity and financial metrics
What you get:
- College degree preferred.
- 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in business, planning, allocation, and/or merchandising.
- Ability to drive retail profitability and inventory productivity.
- Readily grasps numerical concepts and interprets financial information accurately.
- Ability to utilize retail math skills to analyze and drive business.
- Exhibit high standards and accountability; takes pride in accuracy.
- Ability to provide strategic planning direction and identify growth opportunities.
- Results-oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
- Able to independently organize and prioritize broad workload to meet deadlines.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Inventory Planner
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109711
J.C. Penney Company Inc.