We are looking for a designer that can take a solution from start to finish. They can sketch out an idea, start to understand how it fits into the larger experience map and move the work forward through to digital delivery. Along with deliverables, this individual will build a customer-backed design rationale in order to explain their design work and help everyone understand the problem to align around a solution.
The ideal candidate is someone that can solve problems quickly, remain curious and stay determined. They will be open to documenting the small details and open to collaboration. Along with everyone else on the team, the candidate will help to define a consistent voice across key digital platforms. The team is collaborative and learning-focused; when designers need help, the team will gladly pair up.
This person will collaborate with all members of the Experience Research & Design team and report directly to the UX Manager. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Design and build visual documentation
- Explain complex task flows within interaction designs
- Collaborate closely with the UX team
- Perform other duties as needs arise
What you get:
- 3-5 years in UX or Interaction Design
- Portfolio examples of sketches, workflows, interactions, and end state work
- Education and/or work experience in User Experience Design or Human Computer Interaction
- Fluent in Figma (preferred) or Sketch
- Some understanding of HTML & CSS
- Web accessibility (Aria, WCAG 3.0)
- Responsive Web Design
- Create unique design solutions
- Experience with Design Language Systems
- Highly adaptable with a desire to learn
- Collaborate closely with other UX team members
- Thoughtfully articulate design decisions and rationale
- Educate others on UX best practices
- Perform well within an Agile software design and development environment
- Aware of Lean UX methods
- Effectively organize, plan, prioritize, and execute projects
- Understand project scope, key players, urgency, inherent risks, and business benefits
- Display and promote high standards of ethical conduct and behaviors consistent with organizational and government standards
- Prioritize conflicting projects and handle multiple tasks/deliverables concurrently
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: UX Designer ( Location Flexible)
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109697
J.C. Penney Company Inc.