Pre-Production Senior Specialist - Men's Active/Basics
The Pre-Production Senior Specialist
executes the production process, including tracking the production calendar and ensuring on-time product delivery. This team member manages logistics and tracking for all sample fabric, raw materials and garment samples while also keeping all team members up-to-date on the product status. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Supports Design to ensure products are executed with design specifications.
- Supports Raw Materials team to allocate sample yardage, raw materials and trims needed for samples, testing and production.
- Assists in the approval process and timeline to ensure accuracy and avoid delivery impact.
- Executes the requesting and tracking of product samples including prototypes, technical fit, line review samples, etc.
- Continuously communicate to all team members on production updates, approvals & issues.
- Supports Sourcing, IBO and Product Integrity teams for challenges and issues while maintaining JCPenney standards.
- Inputs data into systems and ensures the integrity and accuracy of the information.
What you get:
- 4-year College degree preferred.
- 3+ years (post-graduation) related experience in pre-production, product development, and/or merchandising
- Excellent organizational, communication and decision-making skills
- High sense of urgency and initiative
- Proven experience building working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Strong reporting and analytical skills
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; Flex PLM experience is highly preferred
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Pre-Production Senior Specialist - Men's Active/Basics
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109716
J.C. Penney Company Inc.