Director Human Resource (HR) Shared Services
The Director HR Shared Services
will oversee the multi-faceted end-to-end HR operational infrastructure providing both front and back end operational support to the JCPenney enterprise. This role will collaborate with the business to develop and implement long range plans necessary to incorporate technology change, maintain operational efficiencies and provide exceptional internal customer support as it relates to the HR function.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Build and enable strategies to ensure continuous improvement, consolidation, and standardization for HR processes within the HR Shared Services function.
- Direct the strategy and operations of all HR information systems which includes, but is not limited to, those that support attendance management, incentive management, benefits administration, learning and development, philanthropy, applicant tracking and overall HR management.
- Direct the strategy and operations of all reporting and HR analytics including, but not limited to, performance dashboards, background checks, statutory compliance reporting, and custom reporting.
- Direct the strategy and operations of HR operations which includes, but is not limited to, compensation administration, rewards and recognition, severance administration, HR policies and procedures, HR SOX compliance, position management, and onboarding coordination.
- Establish strong standards for ongoing training and documentation for all HR processes and activities within the HR Shared Services function.
- Provide the overall functional direction and ensure the tactical execution for the design and delivery of HR programs, plans, and processes.
- Consistently review and improve HR Shared Services strategies through emerging technologies, innovative solutions, feedback from the business, and overall associate experience.
- Develop effective, productive relationships with functional leaders and partners in HR, IT and Finance; leverage these relationships to produce superior outcomes.
- Manage domestic and international HR Shared Services Teams and provide ongoing development and career opportunities that effectively attract, motivate, and retain key talent.
What you get:
- College degree with concentration in human resources, information technology, or related discipline required; advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years' experience in human resources, information technology or a related discipline required; 3+ years in a leadership role preferred
- Expert knowledge and conceptual mastery of HR information systems and HR processes required basic understanding and exposure to retail operations preferred
- Proficient understanding of HCM systems and other HR technology platforms
- Proficient understanding of people data management, reporting principles and testing standards
- Ability to convey information and advice on complex matters to divergent audiences with an adaptable communication style
- Expert ability to work cross-functionally, reconciling stakeholder conflicts and influencing senior leaders using adaptive persuasion
- Ability to translate strategic plans into operational objectives and maintain focus and execution on moderate to long-term goals
- Expert project management skills, including the ability to assess risk, manage and organize work, allocate budget, and people resources, adapt to unfolding circumstances, and deliver on-time results.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or HRIS-related certification (HRIP, HRCI, etc) preferred
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation, holidays & wellness days, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Director Human Resource (HR) Shared Services
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109687
J.C. Penney Company Inc.