Corporate Communications Senior Specialist
The Corporate Communications Senior Specialist
will report to the Senior Manager of Corporate Communications and will support dynamic, integrated communications strategies to inspire and engage internal associates. The primary purpose of this position is to create clear and compelling communications to share business updates, engage associates and advance the Company's strategic objectives through a shared purpose. The Senior Specialist of Communications will support high-priority company initiatives, provide communications counsel to internal stakeholders, collaborate cross-functionally to source and produce compelling storytelling, and will coordinate complex and confidential business information to advance the JCPenney brand. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Drive communications strategy for various internal or external initiatives, with an ability to tie back to the Company's purpose, strategy and values
- Develop content that is clear, understandable, and engaging for a diverse audience (primarily internal but potential for some external)
- Work cross-functionally to identify story ideas and develop content that is relevant to the international JCPenney team of 50,000+ associates across stores, corporate offices, field teams, and international offices.
- Create and distribute e-blasts to targeted associate groups on a variety of subjects; high level of confidentiality required.
- Contribute to weekly and monthly Company communications and intranet homepage stories with business or human-interest angles.
- Foster relationships with business partners to stay abreast of company news, attending weekly or bi-weekly meetings as needed to ensure messaging is consistent.
- Administer policies, procedures, and programs to increase associate awareness and engagement.
- Support senior manager in monitoring key engagement metrics and maintaining trackers and reporting
What you get:
- Bachelor's degree in corporate communications, public relations, journalism, or related discipline.
- Minimum five years creating content in an agency or as part of a corporate communications/marketing team; retail industry experience preferred.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and storytelling skills are essential with the ability to write for a variety of audiences.
- Have a passion for innovative storytelling and experience designing and producing a wide variety of digital content.
- Demonstrated track record in the design and execution of multi-faceted communications and media strategies that advance campaigns/initiatives and increase organizational visibility.
- Outstanding influencer and collaborator - effectively interact with colleagues across functions and levels to deliver great results.
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple priorities.
- Outstanding time management and project management skills.
- Ability to form relationships and work cross-functionally within a large and highly matrixed organization.
- Self-sufficient, with the ability to act independently in complex or challenging situations.
- Experience implementing and/or managing internal social media communities and platforms.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, documentation, and accuracy.
- Creative, self-motivated, and able to work independently.
- Skilled at managing up, prioritizing, and setting expectations as needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Corporate Communications Senior Specialist
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109688
J.C. Penney Company Inc.