IT Senior Auditor
The IT Senior Auditor
will execute internal audit assignments in accordance with the annual audit plan and assist with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance. Provide recommendations to improve internal controls and processes and/or create greater efficiencies in operations and financial reporting. Partner with Senior Management, specifically IT, to obtain evidence, discuss processes and present recommendations. This position will report to the IT Senior Audit Manager.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Assist Audit Management in the execution of audits from the annual audit plan
- Perform IT SOX test work including walkthroughs, reviews of ITGCs, managing evidence uploads and follow up on remediation efforts for control deficiencies.
- Execution of assignments related to operational auditing, including IT aspects of integrated auditing, risk assessments and IT General Controls (ITGC)
- Building of relationships/partnerships with Management
- Assist with preparing audit reports and clearly presenting recommendations to Management
- Follow up to ensure agreed recommendations are adequately implemented
- Participate in special assignments as deemed necessary
- Point of contact for TeamMate (audit software tool) - Assist with configuration, troubleshooting, and training as needed for new members in international locations
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Accounting, Finance or Business
- CISA, CISM or CISSP Certification is strongly preferred (minimum of one)
- 1-4 years of IT audit experience, public accounting experience
- 6 months plus of IT Audit Senior role experience preferred.
- Experience with ITGC SOX and risk assessment methodologies
- Identifying key risks and controls, including the configuration of controls around IT security, business process and within IT environments
- Knowledge of CoBIT IT Governance Framework, COSO or other leading IT control frameworks
- Technical familiarity with different IT environments and operating systems required (Windows, Unix/Linux, Mainframe)
- Oracle experience strongly a plus
- Operational audit experience a plus preferred
What you get:
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members in multiple locations
- Demonstrates self-initiative, desire to learn, and drive for results
- Pursues tasks with high energy, drive, and urgency
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage one's time effectively while juggling multiple responsibilities
- Project management experience preferred
- Strong data analytic skills and experience with continuous monitoring preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio and OneNote
- Ability to travel (5%)
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: IT Senior Auditor
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109647
J.C. Penney Company Inc.