JC PenneyMaintenance Supervisor
- Supply Chain Maintenance
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
The Maintenance Supervisor will support and assist Supply Chain Sr Maintenance Manager/Maintenance Manager with day-to-day maintenance activities within the logistics center to ensure they are completed in a timely manner consistent with Supply Chain standards and at the lowest feasible cost.Primary Responsibilities
- Manages the maintenance and preventive maintenance programs for all electrical, mechanical and energy related equipment to ensure safe operation with minimum downtime due to equipment failure.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments
- Works with logistics center Operations team to schedule maintenance, installation, capital improvements and coordinates manner to ensure customer service and production are not compromised.
- Manages availability of spare parts, maintenance and housekeeping supplies, janitorial services and other services related to building maintenance and grounds upkeep. This includes working with external contractors and suppliers for skills/services not available within the maintenance department.
- Works closely with the Maintenance and Engineering Support (MES) team to ensure consistency and SOPs are followed to optimize efforts across the Supply Chain Network Maintenance organization
- Ensures proper documentation and prioritization of work orders in the MP2 Maintenance system and provides a safe and efficient work environment.
- Ensures for the proper training and equipping of the maintenance staff; develops Associates skills and technical knowledge.
- Leverages basic knowledge of OSHA/EPA (Hazmat) regulations, as well as working with the JCP Health and Safety team, to ensure facilities are in compliance with federal and local regulations. Participates in compliance programs, hazardous material handling, facility energy management and conservation, scrap/trash disposal and waste recycling programs at the logistics center.
- Works closely with Logistic engineering management and external suppliers relative to the development of capital project bids to ensure adherence to Supply Chain maintenance policies, procedures, and standards.
- Contacts private and governmental agencies for special functions, including such things as building code conformity, insurance inspections, road repairs, utility upkeep and safety activities.
Education: College degree (Mechanical or Engineering fields) preferred. Equivalent position experience will be considered.
Experience: 2-3 years background in facility/equipment maintenance.
Core Competencies: Communication, Decision-Making, Customer Focused, Adaptability, Drive for Results
Positional Competencies: Strong knowledge of MHE systems, strong leader of technical teams and expertise in maintenance processes. Must be flexible and have a strong sense of urgency, strong problem-solving skills a plus.
Software Skills: Experience with CMMS or EAM systems (Infor/MP2 preferred), basic Office software skills, knowledge of AutoCAD or reading drawings is a plus.What you get
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandiseAbout JCPenney
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive, and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money, and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring, and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes.
It's a place that's meant for you.
Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Haslet, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109597
J.C. Penney Company Inc.