This job posting is no longer active.
Supply Chain Maintenance Manager
The Maintenance Manager will support and assist The Logistics' Facility Director and/or Supply Chain Maintenance Director with day-to-day maintenance activities within the Logistics center to ensure they are completed in a timely manner consistent with Supply Chain standards and at the lowest feasible cost.Primary Responsibilities:
- Manages the maintenance and preventive maintenance programs for all electrical, mechanical and energy related equipment to ensure safe operation with minimum downtime due to equipment failure.
- Works with logistics center Operations team to schedule maintenance, installation, capital improvements and coordinates manner to ensure customer service and production are not compromised.
- Manages availability of spare parts, maintenance and housekeeping supplies, janitorial services and other services related to building maintenance and grounds upkeep. This includes working with external contractors and suppliers for skills/services not available within the maintenance department.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Works closely with the Maintenance and Engineering Support (MES) team to ensure consistency and SOPs are followed to optimize efforts across the Supply Chain Network Maintenance organization
- Ensures proper documentation and prioritization of work orders in the MP2 Maintenance system and provides a safe and efficient work environment.
- Ensures for the proper training and equipping of the maintenance staff; develops Associates skills and technical knowledge.
- Leverages basic knowledge of OSHA/EPA (Hazmat) regulations, as well as working with the JCP Health and Safety team, to ensure facilities are in compliance with federal and local regulations. Participates in compliance programs, hazardous material handling, facility energy management and conservation, scrap/trash disposal and waste recycling programs at the Logistics center.
- Works closely with Logistic engineering management and external suppliers relative to the development of capital project bids to ensure adherence to Supply Chain maintenance policies, procedures and standards.
- Contacts private and governmental agencies for special functions, including such things as building code conformity, insurance inspections, road repairs, utility upkeep and safety activities.
What you get:
- Education: College degree (Mechanical or Engineering fields) preferred. Equivalent position experience will be considered.
- Experience: 5-7 years' background in facility/equipment maintenance, including 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
- Core Competencies: Communication, Decision-Making, Customer Focused, Adaptability, Drive for Results
- Positional Competencies: Strong knowledge of MHE systems, strong leader of technical teams and expertise in maintenance processes. Must be flexible and have a strong sense of urgency, strong problem-solving skills a plus.
- Software Skills: Experience with CMMS or EAM systems (Infor/MP2 preferred), basic Office software skills, knowledge of AutoCAD or reading drawings is a plus.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company's flagship store, jcp.com
. JCPenney is one of the nation's largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves.
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Location: Manchester, CT, United States -
Job ID: 1109585
J.C. Penney Company Inc.