Supply Chain Leadership Internship Job
Date: Jul 29, 2014
Location: , , US
Job Title:Supply Chain Leadership Internship
Email to Friend
Save Job Apply Now
No Thanks Return to Previous Page
Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
As a Leadership Intern in one of our supply chain facilities, you will receive broad exposure to JCPenney operational training, job shadowing, leadership development and much more. You will gain the knowledge needed to lead an hourly team and influence the entire JCPenney supply chain network to do fast-paced work required to run our supply chain facilities as safely, efficiently, and most profitably as possible. The internship spans 10 weeks. Training will take place in one of our supply chain facilities where we will provide you with access to the tools and resources needed to put your training into action. Throughout the program, you will also have the opportunity to interact with the facility’s senior leadership who will coach and mentor you every step of the way.
Upon completion of the program, if you have proven you have what it takes to make a great leader, you may receive an offer to join us in a leadership position in one of our facilities nationwide upon graduation.
Training locations: Buena Park, CA; Lenexa, KS; Alliance, TX; Cedar Hill, TX; Statesville, NC; Columbus, OH.
The internship takes place the summer after your junior year and is designed to give you exposure to all functions within a facility. You will have on-the-job structured experiences in each department while shadowing Field Supply Chain Leaders and learning about the state-of-the-art operations. You will develop your leadership capabilities by co-supervising in an assigned department and receive mentoring leadership development to support your growth.
what you’ll gain
• Personal and professional development.
• Meaningful real-world work experience.
• Exposure to senior leadership and strategic business activities and decisions.
• Coaching and feedback from an assigned mentor.
• Countless networking opportunities.
• Community service opportunities.
• The opportunity to receive a full-time offer to join us after graduation.
what we require of candidates
• A cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher.
• Majoring in Supply Chain/Logistics, Engineering, Operations, or Business Administration.
• Open to relocation upon graduation for your first leadership assignment.
• Possess strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
• The ability to multi-task, take initiative and change directions on a dime.
• You thrive in a team environment.
Job Segment: Intern, Summer Internship, Entry Level