Business Analyst Trainee - 2014 Job
Date: Aug 2, 2014
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Title:Business Analyst Trainee - 2014
Location: Plano, Texas
Email to Friend
Save Job Apply Now
No Thanks Return to Previous Page
Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
As a Business Analyst Trainee for jcpenney, you’ll be a part of the planning & allocation team at our Home Office in Plano, TX (just 20 miles north of downtown Dallas). You’ll take part in a fast-paced, multi-week training period upon starting which will consist of projects, activities, and hands-on training to facilitate your learning. You’ll have the opportunity to engage with senior leaders and other team members who will be mentoring and coaching you to success. After your training period, you’ll be assigned to a specific planning & allocation team where your responsibilities will include:
- Allocating merchandise at the sku level based on Buyer intent and allocation objectives while ensuring stores are at optimal inventory levels and presentation standards are met to drive sales, in-stocks, and service customers.
- Developing product knowledge to be store level expert in regards to product needs and opportunities. Responsible for presenting the needs to the merchandise action team (MAT) in determining the best strategy to maximize opportunity.
- Collaborating with planning and merchandising teams to review / challenge assortment flow plan and ensure sufficient quantities are purchased to support the assortment plan.
- Performing pre-season, in-season, and post-season analysis to uncover opportunities and risks. Developing recommendations for in-season changes and pre-season assortment plans to ensure maximization of objectives.
- Monitoring jcpenney warehouse inventory and flow and recommending appropriate actions to the MAT in order to maximize business objectives.
- Partnering with merchant organization on size strategy execution providing analysis, depth needs, range recommendations, and pack configuration.
- Developing / implementing strategies to create vendor pre-packs based on pack configuration analysis; identify opportunities to add new sizes and / or liabilities to omit sizes from assortment.
- Preparing weekly / monthly review of item sales and inventory results; coordinate subsequent re-forecasting estimates with the Senior Planning Manager to review with the MAT.
what we require of candidates
- Completion of a 4-year degree with a major in fashion merchandising or business
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher
- Desire to move to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area
- Outstanding leadership, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to utilize retail math skills to analyze and drive retail profitability and inventory productivity
- Readily grasps numerical concepts and interprets financial information accurately
- Ability to collaborate and be a strong team member
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
the jcpenney advantage
jcpenney offers a competitive base salary, comprehensive benefits package, relocation assistance, and a 25% discount at jcpenney stores and jcpenney.com. You will also have access to numerous Home Office on-site amenities including: two food courts, a fitness center, wellness clinic, childcare center, post office, alterations service, Walgreens, and Starbucks.
Nearest Major Market: Plano
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Curriculum, Fashion Retail, Fashion Merchandising, Trainee, Education, Fashion, Entry Level