Loss Prevention Lead Expert Job
Date: Dec 9, 2013
Location: Palm Desert, CA, US
- Palm Desert, CA---Palm Desert Town Ctr, 02096
Job Title: Loss Prevention Lead Expert
Are you interested in the Criminal Justice field, but not the least bit interested in riding around in a patrol car? Are you interested in learning how to run a business and how profitability is affected by having a sound, theft-free, safe work environment? Would you describe yourself as a confident, dedicated leader that can lead a team to or directly handle difficult customer situations with ease? Well…being a Loss Prevention Lead Expert in the new jcp might be the position for you! Come be a part of a team that is changing the face of retail forever.
The LP Lead Expert’s role is to keep their store safe and profitable at all times by executing company programs and investigating any suspicious customer or team member activities or behavior in the store.
• Responsible for leading your team – You’ve lead people before and know how important it is to a) provide your team frequent coaching / feedback, b) focus on differentiating performance across team members, c) empower your team to take control and make good decisions, d) set expectations with your team on what needs to be done and what successful performance looks like, e) find ways to motivate your team to do the best work of their lives, and f) sincerely recognize each and every team member for their individual contribution to the store’s success.
• Responsible for shrinkage and safety awareness programs – You know how important it is for the team to understand current shrinkage and safety issues related to store profitability and environment. You lead all of the loss prevention communications within the store to let the team know what’s going on what they need to do to create the right store experience.
• Accountable for record maintenance – You or your team is in charge of a lot of detail. The company and law enforcement agencies are depending on you to have complete and accurate reports to assist any investigation that may need to occur for the store. You are always on top of the documentation to ensure everything is complete and in order for the team.
• Participates in court hearings – You’re a pro when it comes to witness stand. Others may get nervous or forget the details under pressure, but not you…You have the facts, you know the facts, and you are more than willing to educate others on the details.
• Responsible workplace safety – You know that having a safe environment is a critical factor in customer satisfaction and team member engagement. You coach team members within the store on best practices and when an event occurs, you are breaking it down to find the root cause of the issue to prevent it from occurring in the future.
• Responsible for internal investigations – You know that one of the major causes of loss is store team member dishonesty and unfortunately, you’ve got to keep a close eye on them as well. Sure, it can be awkward to investigate someone that you know by checking bags, setting up surveillance, or interviewing – but it’s absolutely necessary to store profitability.
• Responsible for merchandise protection and safety assessment compliance – You periodically walk the sales floor to audit shops to ensure merchandise protection standards as well as operational practices are in compliance with company standards. When they are not, you know who to talk to and what needs to get done.
• Supports organized crime initiatives – You are the eyes and ears on the ground when it comes to company or industry related initiatives to stop organized retail crime. You partner with district teams as well as other retailers to combine forces to identify trends and patterns or collect evidence to stop these crime rings before they even start.
Skills and Characteristics:
• Critical Thinking – You can pull back the layers of detail that surround an issue to identify the root cause of a occurrence.
• Time Management – You know how to prioritize your work based on the biggest needs of the business.
• Social Intelligence – You can read between the lines and adjust your behavior and actions based on how someone is reacting.
Nearest Major Market: Riverside
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segments: Loss Prevention, Retail Sales, Compliance, Criminal Justice, Security, Retail, Legal