Commissioned Furniture Sales Associate Job
Date: Aug 14, 2014
Location: Des Peres, MO, US
- Des Peres, MO---West County Ctr, 01942
Job Title: Commissioned Furniture Sales Associate
Do you like serving customers and doing everything you can to make them happy? Do you have a passion for sales? Do you like being known as the most knowledgeable person in your area of expertise? Do you like being a part of something that’s never been done before? Well…being a Commission Associate in Furniture at JCPenney might be the position for you!
The Commission Associate’s role is to be the resident sales Guru in furniture! You know these products inside and out and love educating the customer on how your merchandise can enrich their lives.
• Educates customers – You know it all. Your merchandise can get complicated and customers need your help in understanding how things work or how they are best used. You love teaching them these things and seeing that smile on their face!
• Assists customers – You seek out customers and do whatever you can to make their experience GREAT. You listen, you help, you educate, and you make them want to come back!
• Maintains product presentation – You are always making improvements to how the merchandise is displayed after the customer has taken time to explore all of our great products!
• Replenishes products – You’ve got your finger on the pulse of the customer; you know when merchandise is getting low and you know just where to get more to ensure all of our customers have the styles and sizes they need!
• Supports a learning environment – You enjoy sharing your knowledge of store merchandise with other associates so that they can better assist customers every day.
Skills and Characteristics:
• Build Trust: You demonstrate character and integrity in your actions, you show the courage to do what’s right, and you do great work because you have the right skill and experience.
• Work with Others: You’re a team player who willingly shares information, you enjoy providing outstanding service, and you build positive working relationships.
• Drive Results: You use your abilities to think critically, solve problems and take action to get things done and make things better.
• People Skills – You are engaging and have no problem striking up a conversation with complete strangers. You like working in a team environment where you help your peers and they help you!
• Influence – You are not a pushy sales person, but you know how to maneuver in a conversation to get someone to think differently.
• Passion for Product and Retail – You know all of the finer details of the product and are always hungry to learn more and you genuinely love working in the retail environment.
Nearest Major Market: St Louis
Job Segment: Retail Sales, Sales, Retail